Hyderabad Nampally Exhibition
- Numaish also known as Exhibition held in Hyderabad is an annual consumer exhibition. It is organized for 46 days continuously at a stretch at Nampally which is spread over 23 acres.
- In 1938, Osmania University’s group of graduates exhibited local products which were then called as Numaish Masnuaat-e-Mulki (exhibition). It was during the reign of Mir Osman Ali Khan, the last Nizam of Hyderabad.
The Nizam, Mir Osman Ali Khan inaugurating Numaish in 1938.
- It was first started at Public Gardens with 100 stalls and then the venue was shifted to Exhibition Grounds near Nampally railway station. In 2009, the original name Numaish was again renamed from All India Industrial Exhibition. It has more than 75 years of history.
- From all over country people come and exhibit and display their products at Numaish. Handmade garments from West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh, fruits and handicrafts from Jammu and Kashmir and other handicrafts from all over India.
- Apart from these, electronic goods are also displayed at this exhibition. Special stalls are also organized by convicts, ladies of different groups. Many mouth-watering food stalls, games for kids, wall decor stalls, crockery stalls, entertainment zone and much more.
There are three entry gates to exhibition: Ajanta Gate being the main entrance, Gandhi Bhavan Gate and Goshamahal Gate. Numaish is considered to be the Worlds Largest Industrial Exhibition with around 2500 stalls with 25-30 Lakh people visiting. It starts in the afternoon from 3 o’clock and goes on up to night 10.30.
Nampally Exhibition 2018 Entry Fee:Entry Fee:
Child: No Entry Fee (below 5 yrs)
- Nampally exhibition 2018 is one of the biggest fair of India with a wide variety of products alluring every visitor. Whether you are interested in electronic devices or want to buy some jewellery, whether you are keen on finding some local handicrafts from states like Uttar Pradesh, Kashmir, Bengal, etc., or want to buy textiles to take back home; whether you want to buy dry fruits or just try the local flavours at various eateries; Nampally exhibition is an ideal place for all.
- However, while buying at Numaish, you do need to try your bargaining skills as much as you can. Apart from shopping, entertaining rides such as mini-train, Ferris wheel, motorcycle stunts, giant wheel and more offer a refreshing break to recharge visitors for more shopping.