3 years ago
- At the age of twelve, the Catholic Albanian girl Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu heard a call. She entered a nunnery, received an education, and was sent to Calcutta in India to be a teacher. Her new name was Teresa.
- In India, she helped the poor while living among them. She founded a new sisterhood, Missionaries of Charity. Mother Teresa and her helpers built homes for orphans, nursing homes for lepers and hospices for the terminally ill in Calcutta.
- Mother Teresa's organization also engaged in aid work in other parts of the world.
Mother Teresa Quotes and Biography
- FULL NAME: Agnes Gonxhe Bojaxhiu.
- Commonly known as Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa)
- Born:August 26,1910.
- Died: September 05, 1997.
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Skopje, Macedonia
Inspirational Quotes by Mother Teresa
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
- God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
- It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.
- I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for the money.
- If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
- In this life, we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.
- Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
- Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.
- Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
- Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home.
- One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.