BSNL Wings, India’s first internet calling service
- BSNL’s internet telephony service will allow users to dial any number in India through its mobile app, Wings.
- The registration for BSNL internet telephony service start s this week and the services will be activated from July 25 onwards.
- BSNL Wings will particularly be useful for people who have poor mobile connectivity but have access to a WiFi connection.
Here is all the information about the BSNL Wings app and packages:
Now BSNL customers will be able to make calls using the company's mobile app to any phone number in the country.
Before this, phone calls on mobile apps was possible within users of a particular app and not on telephone numbers.
Using this service, BSNL customers will be able to make calls on any network in the country even by using BSNL wi-fi or any other service provider.
The registration for this service will start this week and the services will be activated from July 25 onwards.
BSNL is offering unlimited audio and video calling for one year.
Customers can activate the service at a one-time charge of ₹ 1,099. International calls will be charged in line with the existing landline tariff with an additional ISD deposit of ₹ 2,000.
Bookings for new BSNL Wings connections are likely to start soon in all telecom circles of BSNL. New connections will start rolling out from 1 August, 2018.
This internet telephony service includes video-calling between two Wings users and will be available on computers as well.
BSNL Wings is being provided using IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), an architectural framework for making internet calls, and Next Generation Network (NGN) that basically converts voice, data and videos into IP packets.
To make and receive calls using the service, customers need to install SIP client, which in this case is the Wings app, on a smartphone or PC with an active internet connection.
This is particularly useful for people who have poor mobile connectivity but have access to a WiFi connection. Earlier, users could make internet calls within mobile apps, but not to telephone or mobile numbers.
BSNL is ready with its Internet Telephony (VOIP) Service with brand name “WINGS” to the customers.
This service using Mobile Numbering scheme is being provided using IP based access network of IMS NGN Core switches.
To use the service, a customer needs to install a SIP client (soft app) on any of its smart devices (laptop/smart mobile handset/tablet etc) having internet which will act as SIP phone to make and receive calls from anywhere in India and abroad withany party (landline/mobile).
The subscriber uses its parent IMS core and IP access network of any location for the voice service through BSNL “Wings”.
BSNL Wings Attractive Tariff plan:-
BSNL is offering unlimited FREE Audio/Video calling for one year at one-time activation. The customer has to activate the Services (one time in life) at Rs. 1099/-.
WINGS Service soft launch is from 4th July 2018.
New Connections booking is proposed to start and willing customers will be waitlisted for service with immediate effect in all Telecom Circles of BSNL.
New connections of Wings will be made available w.e.f. 1st August 2018 on first come first serve basis.
Key Features of ‘WINGS’ service are:-
- There are some areas where mobile coverage is not good thus poor speech quality but internet available by any means including Wi-Fi. Using Wings service using Internet service of any operator, the customer will be active and make/receive calls.
- Wings service APP is easily configurable on Smartphone/Laptop/Notebook by simply downloading SIP Client (Soft App).
- Wings Customer can make calls using any of the Internet Connection like broadband / Wi-Fi / 3G / 4G data network of any operator.
- Wings can be provided over Internet Leased Line customer not having a normal voice.
- Supports Video calling facility (from “Wings” to “Wings”).
- Free Mobility on PAN India basis
- Customers can use existing address book for Mobile while calling.
BSNL Wings Tariff Plans:
Sr.No. Particulars Description 1
One time Registration charge Rs. 1099/-
2 Fixed Monthly Charges NIL 3
Installation and Activation Charges NIL (No Instruments/Handset by BSNL)
4 ISD/Deposit for (Outside INDIA Territory Calling) 2000/-
5 Call Charges Free to any network for One year in India
International calls as per existing land line tariff(MOU basis)